Herbie Goes to China

Bucks finally sign Yi. This is a most unexpected and pleasant surprise. I guess it does help your team in certain situations if your owner is a United States Senator (I think even a senator from Wisconsin can exert some type of political pressure on the appropriate Chinese officials). I think most NBA fans had pretty much forgotten about the Yi issue with all the fallout from Vickgate, or figured that the China man would just be sitting out this season until he could reenter the draft. But I've been keeping up with Yi's individual play while his Chinese national team has been getting beat down in the EFES World Cup tournament. While as a whole the teams play has generally been subpar Yi has been holding his own (of course NBA caliber comp is a different story). Props to my fellow blogspot brother Just Another Bucks Fan for letting us know we had hope before the official word was out.

Comments